Friday, December 5, 2014

Tender


This boy is a special, tender warrior! He has probably had it tougher than I'll ever know on this journey we've walked for the past several years.    From the time he was three he has been quietly watching from the background.  He has seen so much love poured out on his sister. . . so hard for one so small to understand the why.  Why Elaina gets so many treats and presents. . . . why so many people hug her and ooh and aww over "how good she looks."  I really wonder sometimes what goes on in his sweet head. . . tonight I got a small glimpse.  During his routine bedtime prayer he states all that he is thankful for and then he says, "God please, please, please heal Elaina, take those tumors away so she can be healthy." I saw the love he has for his sister and it melted my heart.  Journeys like these are so hard on the siblings in so many ways.  God is working in him and nothing is going to be wasted. . . .NOTHING! So thankful for my Buddy! He also loves his little brother!  They are a strong team those two!. . .

but put the three of them together and they are unstoppable.


No comments:

Post a Comment