Monday, August 17, 2009

First Steps

So, to my surprise, when I picked Jack up Monday I was told he walked from the coffee table to the couch. It was very hard for me to believe this because Jack hadn't even walked using a push walker yet. Well one or two steps but not truly walking. It was only about 2 or 3 steps from the coffee table to the couch but still I found it hard to believe. So when I get home I stand him up and he stands there by himself for about 5 seconds (4 seconds longer than I'd ever seen him do before), smiles really big, takes two wobbly steps and falls into my arms laughing. J.J said he noticed Jack standing by himself for a few seconds over the weekend, but I never really got to see it much. It was like Jack would only do it when I wasn't looking. ;) I really don't think Jack realized he had let go though. Anyway, he took the two steps and of course I didn't have the video camera b/c I honestly didn't think he would do it. When I tried to video it he wouldn't do it, but I did get some fun footage of him zooming around with the push toy which I had never seen him do before Monday. I hope you enjoy. Push pause on the music before you start. Elaina was fighting for attention so try to tune her out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment