Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Renewed Strength

September is a month filled with memories. . .
It is crazy to think about this time four years ago.  Thinking about the memories brings emotions on like a Tsunami. . . And if I'm not careful I can be overtaken by them quickly. 

 It was in September 4 years ago when we realized Elaina was going to have to have a second major brain surgery. . . 
it was in September 4 years ago, when we embarked on our first year of homeschooling. . . 
it was in September 4 years ago when we got the phone call that shook me to my core, that Elaina had an inoperable brain tumor that was actively shutting down her nervous system, . .  
it was in September 4 years ago when we had our first official Oncologist appointment. . . 
it was in September 4 years ago when we met the crew of nurses and staff from ETCH that would care for us and love on us in new ways. . . 
September is also awareness month for pediatric cancer. Needless to say, LOTS of memories . . .

 tears. . . 


many moments of wanting to play but not finding the energy. . . 


new battle wounds. . .


too many pokes to count . . . 

friends we can't wait to see again . . . 

missing spending time with the other smalls


I was the hardest Month of my life, but don't misunderstand.  I would not be who I am today without the trials, heartache, tears, fear, etc. There were so many good moments too. . . 

Witnessing the power of prayer. . . 


soaking in all the moments of "play" . . . 


outpouring love from friends


constantly reminding me to not lose hope. . .



and most importantly we were blessed to feel the presence of the Lord reminding us. . . 

"but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,

    they will walk and not be faint."

I remember several times struggling to put one foot in front of the other, feeling weaker than ever. . . those were the times I took my eyes off Jesus and tried to do it myself.  

Well now I sit here . . . September. . . and the next MRI is quickly approaching.  The last 2 have been better than what the doctors expected,  So, I should not be concerned. . .  my faith should be firmly planted b/c this is familiar territory. . .  right?! But to be perfectly honest, I don't know that these routine MRIs will ever be easy.  This journey has been very trying. . . So often I want to just crawl under the bed, suck my thumb and never come out. .. Trying to keep it real ;) But even now,  a verse comes to mind. . . "the testing of my faith produces perseverance and to let perseverance finish its work so that I may be mature and complete lacking nothing." "When I am afraid, I put my trust in YOU" and my strength is again renewed! God is so good!  Thank you for praying! 


1 comment:

  1. Praying for you dear sister and that precious girl! Wow your testimony is so encouraging. Where else can we put our hope but this AWESOME and ABLE God. Lifting you and your beautiful family up tonight and this month with love!

    ReplyDelete