Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Be Still

Do you remember as a child feeling very independent?  Your mom or dad may have been there but you just wanted to do it by yourself??
Well… my parents said I was like that a LOT.  Ha!  . . .   And then there were those times when you were so thankful they were still there to lend the helping hand or help clean up the big mess you made. Well...

This day a year ago was when we got the unexpected results from Elaina's routine MRI.  It was our last one before we were going to get the release to go to "yearly" scans instead of our "6 month" ones.  I was blindsided with the report and shaken.  I literally could only say one word. . . It was a cry really, "Jesus!"  I was so confused ... thought after thought raced through my mind.  I was coming up with several ways to battle this. I didn't want to waste any time! I wanted to suit up and start the fight!. . . And then it happened. . . I read the words BE STILL.  I instantly felt the comfort that only comes from God.  I had forgotten that He is everywhere all the time . . . ALL THE TIME! He had never left me I was just trying to "do it myself"
I was brought several times to the Bible story of Jehoshaphat. .. He was up against a HUGE army … and He prays...
Lord, the God of our ancestors, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you. Our God, did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend? They have lived in it and have built in it a sanctuary for your Name, saying, ‘If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or plague or famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your Name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us.’ Later he says, "We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.” 2 Chronicles 20

I am clinging. . .hoping to never forget the power of our loving God.  
so I sit here now asking that the Lord will go before us . . .
Tomorrow we will have another MRI  to check the "questionable" area in Elaina's lower back.  I am bolding asking that we will finally see the restoration we've been wanting all along…Hopeful! 


 “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;

    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze." 

Isaiah 43: 1-2

As you pray for us will you please also pray for Ethan. He's a strong boy up against his own big battle and I know his family would appreciate all the extra prayers too.  They are a wonderful family and need to continue feeling the strength and peace from the Lord . . . Thank YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment