Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pants too short?


Elaina had these pants that fit her in waist but not length. They were about two inches too short. Well, she doesn't have many spring and summer clothes, and we have cut our spending budget a lot. I have gone through her closet many times trying to find pieces that I can refurbish. Pieces that I wouldn't get much for at the consignment sale. All I had to do was measure her from the waist to her knee, cut straight across, turn under twice, press it, then sew all the way around. This was about a 10 minute project.

I don't like to waste anything, so I took the left over pieces and made cute flowers to pin on one of her shirts. I'm not sewing them on the shirt for two reasons. . . the flowers won't hold up in the wash and it's an easy way to have two shirts in one ;) All I did was cut out 3 imperfect circles, folded them in half and half again, stuck a needle through the pointed ends and tightened them by going through the pieces several more times. It was really easy! I'm not claiming any of these ideas as my own because I'm sure they came from somewhere just not sure where.


1 comment:

  1. great ideas for me to use when as my little one grows out of her clothes! I just need a sewing machine I guess.

    ReplyDelete