Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Morning Joy

I am trying to relish each moment during these last hours.  



This pregnancy journey has truly been a unique one.  With added stress of Elaina's health making it seem to fly by even faster. . . but I'll absorb these tender moments before Little Man's arrival. 



It was this time a year ago that I was mourning the loss of a sweet baby and recovering from an emergency surgery. . . thinking about it still brings heart ache. Thankful still for God's grace and perfect will for our lives.  There are so many emotions flooding my body today! At this very moment I'm overhearing my 3 smalls talking with excitement about their baby brother and what they are going to take to Mamaw's for their stay there. . . it is super sweet. All three can't contain the joy they are feeling. 




Let's hope this lasts after several days or weeks of bad sleep and lots a baby crying . . . wink, wink!
I'm so thankful for so many dear friends that have partnered with us in praying for the delivery.  C-section recovery is no walk in the park. I can't let myself think about it for too long or panic soon sets in.   Friends are so good at helping you get your mind off things like that. . . sometimes even making you feel quite awkward. . . 


but it's great to laugh. . . Please friends, give me at least a week before you begin your good humor after surgery. . . Ha! 


Truly a blessing these ladies are! So many more that aren't pictured here. 
This morning I woke up (for the 6th time last night) feeling peace that only comes from our sovereign Lord. One sister friend emailed me this morning telling me about an amazing prayer time she had and the flood of emotion that overcame her while praying for me.  Her message was so tender and sweet and filled with compassion.  I love it when the Lord does that kind of thing.  The past two days for me have been filled with fear, doubt, and anxiety.  I truly didn't know what was happening to me. . . I am thankful for the joy this morning and today my heart has stayed at peace. God is always with me. . . sometimes my focus is not where it should be though.  Praying it remains here throughout the night and tomorrow.  We are ready and excited to welcome our new son!


 I love this man and pray the Lord gives him all the strength he needs to help me get through these next tough days.


Psalm 28:7 “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."

No comments:

Post a Comment